We are a successful National organisation providing logistics solutions. Part of one of the UK’s leading supply chain, transport and logistics businesses truly offering end-to-end supply chain solutions. Speedy Freight provides dedicated, same day transport solutions to local businesses. We specialise in delivering time sensitive shipments from commercial businesses throughout the UK and Europe.
Our mission is ‘To be the first choice to deliver every single time. To always be there for our customers and our team’
Our Customer Service Advisors are an integral part of our business as they assist and manage new bookings in line with company procedures.
To develop effective transport plans and control resources ensuring customer and business requirements are achieved. Manage BDM’s and set targets in line with company objectives, advise and guide employees to achieve financial and operational objectives whilst complying with company and transport legislation.
Responsibilities & Objectives
- To manage the sourcing and booking of vehicles in line with company procedures.
- To develop and control an agreed amount of resources (vehicles, drivers) ensuring all legal constraints are adhered to (Weight limits, Working Time Directive and EU drivers’ hours regulations)
- Negotiating prices with subcontract drivers
- To build a reference portfolio of vehicles and drivers
- Produce effective transport plans guided by the operating model
- Effective management of drivers through on-going communication supplemented using Navigator analysis screen
- Ensure that internal tracking system housekeeping is completed to the required standards
- Understanding and achieving specific targets regarding required margin, costs per mile and utilisation
- Ensure BDM targets are set in line with company objectives, manage BDM activity and KPI reporting to ensure delivery of these targets
- Review allocated customers making sure that work is planned to time, and correct equipment is efficiently utilised
- Constantly communicate with customer services and drivers to ensure customer KPI targets achieved and maintained
- Managing the office day to day
- Significant experience (minimum of 3 years) with the transport sector within the UK, and business development skills within this market
- Knowledge and understanding of the budgeting process and delivery of service levels to budget, including cash collection and cost controls
- Management of a team, motivation and objective setting
- Awareness of the UK van market
- Professional and confident manner
- Excellent Communicator
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to work within a team and under own initiative
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Report writing
Ability to liaise with internal team of Franchise Development Managers, Directors, General Managers, their direct reports and Employees at all levels within the Company to continually improve business performance, compliance to HSE legislation and Company objectives and liaise with External Customers, Suppliers / Drivers and contractors.
- Full Driving Licence
- IT Literate including Microsoft, word, excel and outlook
- Written, oral English and Mathematics to GCSE standard
- Awareness of Legislation
- Excel / PowerPoint presentations skills