Location: North-West London
Working hours: Monday – Friday | 40 hours, inc some out of hours on call
Starting salary: £35-45k+
We are a successful National organisation providing logistics solutions. Part of one of the UK’s leading supply chain, transport and logistics businesses, truly offering end-to-end supply chain solutions.
Speedy Freight provides dedicated, same day transport solutions to local businesses. We specialise in delivering time sensitive shipments from commercial businesses throughout the UK and Europe.
Our Mission is ‘To be the first choice to deliver every single time. To always be there for our customers and our team’
You will receive an excellent on-boarding programme and continue to be supported, trained and developed as your career progresses.
You will develop effective sales strategies, transport plans and control resources ensuring customer and business requirements are achieved. Manage BDM’s and set targets in line with company objectives, advise and guide employees to achieve financial and operational objectives whilst complying with company and transport legislation.
Responsibilities & Objectives
- Be someone who wants to grow their business and maintain an entrepreneurial streak
- Proven track record in new business development
- Proven sales experience with a personal target
- Autonomous approach with a positive ‘can do’ attitude to grow the branch
- Developing and broadening relationships with existing customers to maximise sales penetration within each customer
- To manage the sourcing and booking of vehicles in line with company procedures
- To develop and control an agreed amount of resources (vehicles, drivers) ensuring all legal constraints are adhered to (Weight limits, Working Time Directive and EU drivers’ hours regulations)
- Review allocated customers making sure that work is planned to time, and correct equipment is efficiently utilised
- Produce effective transport plans guided by the operating model
- Negotiating prices with subcontract drivers
- To build a reference portfolio of vehicles and drivers
- Effective management of drivers through on-going communication supplemented with the Transport System
- Ensure that internal tracking system housekeeping is completed to the required standards
- Understanding and achieving specific targets regarding required margin, costs per mile and utilisation
- Constantly communicate with customer services and drivers to ensure customer KPI targets achieved and maintained
- Ensure BDM targets are set in line with company objectives, manage BDM activity, CRM compliance and KPI reporting to ensure delivery of these targets.
- Support, energise and motive the team to achieve set targets
- Managing the office day to day
- Experience with the transport sector within the UK, and business development skills within this market
- Knowledge and understanding of the budgeting process and delivery of service levels to budget, including cash collection and cost controls
- Identifying new clients and using a combination of our process and your experience, turning new opportunities into customers
- Building a solid pipeline of businesses who use logistic services
- Management of a team, motivation and objective setting
- Awareness of the UK van market
To apply contact: Vanessa.firstname.lastname@example.org