We are looking for someone who prides themselves in delivering Customer Service excellence! based at our Head office in Knutsford.
Your role will be to develop and maintain new business by selling all of the benefits of the Speedy Freight service to B2B and B2C customers. To plan effective transport solutions and control resources ensuring customer and business requirements are achieved while complying with legal responsibilities. To manage new bookings onto the system, the sourcing and booking of vehicles in line with company procedures.
Responsibilities & Objectives
- Generate own leads through research and build a pipeline of potential new business utilising the company CRM program.
- To contact businesses by telephone to promote product / services. Solicit orders accordingly.
- Deliver an adapted sales pitch as per customer to meet specific needs and overcome any objections.
- To effectively negotiate prices with customers
- To build a reference portfolio of preferred drivers and vehicles
- Receive orders over the telephone and input into the company computer systems
- Schedule appointments for sales staff to meet prospective customers
- Liaise and negotiate prices with other Speedy Freight branches/drivers and 3rd party drivers
- Understanding and achieving specific targets regarding required margin, costs per mile and utilisation
- Plan and produce effective transport solutions guided by the operating model
- To control resources (vehicles, drivers) ensuring all legal constraints are adhered to (Weight limits, Working Time Directive and EU drivers’ hours regulations)
- Effective management of drivers through on-going communication supplemented by the use of Traffic System analysis screen and tracking systems
- Ensure that housekeeping is completed to the required standards
- Review allocated customers making sure that work is planned to time, and correct equipment is efficiently utilised
- Communicate with customers and drivers to ensure customer KPI targets achieved and maintained
- To have a working knowledge of the UK highway network and relevant highway standards, including the design manual for roads and bridges (DMRB) and the manual for streets
- To understand and have experience of working with the planning regulatory framework, and knowledge of planning and transport policy as applied to development
- Develop customer relationship via regular telephone communications
- To conduct customer and marketing surveys and further assess the needs of each customer to ensure the service provided by Speedy Freight remains high
- Contribute to the team performance by sharing and implementing best practice ideas
- To work to deadlines and work independently when required
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staff and clients
- Flexible approach required to cover on-call rota system
- Experience with the transport sector within the UK
- Awareness of the UK van market
- Strong customer service ethic with negotiation and telesales skills
- Experience in retaining and building good customer relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Articulate with a confident phone manner
- Good organisation skills with the ability to multi task and prioritise workload
- Ability to source own leads through research
Interested? please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org