Trainee Traffic Planner
Location: Tarvin, Chester, Cheshire
Working hours: Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours
Starting salary: £13,000 – £18,000
To develop effective transport plans and control resources ensuring customer and business requirements are achieved while complying with legal responsibilities. To manage the sourcing and booking of vehicles in line with company procedures.
We are keen to train and reward an ambitious candidate who is looking to have a career in this fast-paced industry. This is an exciting opportunity.
Responsibilities & Objectives
- Ensure the effective use of our vehicles and drivers
- Negotiate prices with subcontracted drivers
- Effectively manage drivers through on-going communication, supplemented by the use of navigation analysis screen
- Ensure that the internal tracking system housekeeping is completed to the required standards
- Understand and achieve specific targets regarding required margin, costs per mile and vehicle utilisation
- Review allocated customers making sure that work is planned to time and correct equipment is efficiently utilised
- Constantly communicate with customer services and drivers to ensure customer KPI targets are achieved and maintained
- Have a working knowledge of the UK highway network and relevant highway standards
- Work to deadlines and work independently when required
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staff and clients
- Flexible approach required to cover on-call rota system
- Co-operate with your employer to enable any legal obligations to be complied with
- Do not undertake or request others to undertake any works for which you/they do not hold the required competency or authority to undertake.
- Liaise with General Manager, Customer Service Advisors, Traffic Manager and other employees at all levels within the Company, compliance to HSE legislation and Company objectives.
- Suppliers / Drivers
- IT Literate, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Good geographical knowledge and postcodes of the UK
- Professional and confident manner
- Excellent Communicator
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team and under own initiative
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, in this time sensitive environment
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Report writing
About Speedy Freight
Speedy Freight operates nearly 60 franchised depots across the UK. Its network of dedicated courier services means urgent, or sensitive freight can be collected within 60 minutes of booking and delivered anywhere in the UK or Europe. We are used by people who need to get important deliveries from A to B as quickly and securely as possible, and we offer an immediate and dedicated service. We move any size or shape of product, and we have access to a fleet of 4,000 vehicles ranging from full-weight artics to car-derived vans. A 24/7 business, 365 days of the year, Speedy Freight delivers, whatever to wherever – your local partner with a national reach. We’re there.
Speedy Freight is part of the Eddie Stobart Logistics family which enables us to deliver innovative supply chain solutions. Their specialised offerings in transportation, warehousing and value-added services have helped develop strong partnerships within their diverse customer base.
To apply please e-mail your cv and a covering letter to email@example.com, by 9th August 2019.